- A way of eating that is followed by countries in and around the Mediterranean Sea: Italy, Spain and Greece.
- The people that live there live healthier for longer.
The focus is on what you need to eat, not what you need to stop eating
- Food is mainly from plant sources: fruits, vegetables, nuts & seeds, legumes and wholegrains.
- Olive Oil is the main dietary fat
- More white meat and fish, less red meat
The focus is on a healthy lifestyle or pattern
- Sharing meals with family and friends
- Getting enough rest
- Being active