What you need(serves 2)
- 2 Zucchinis1 egg (for zucchini fritters)
- 4 eggs (for the poached eggs)1 Brown Onion (diced)
- ½ cup corn kernels½ cup parsley (chopped)
- 2x tbsp mint (chopped)2 tbsp Self raising flour
- 1 cup English Spinach4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- cooking bowlgrater
- frying pantablespoon
- knifechopping board
- slotted spoon
What to do
Start by chopping:
- 1x onion,
- 2x tbsp mint.
- 2x zucchini
- squeeze out moisture using clean chux cloth (see hints)
Place fry pan on medium heat,
Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and diced onion into pan,
Cook onion until soft,
Turn heat off.
Place cooked onion into bowl with:
- grated zucchini,
- ½ cup corn kernels,
- 2 tablespoons self-raising flour
- ½ cup parsley
- 2 tbsp of mint
Crack 1 egg into a cup, and whisk egg with fork.
Turn pan heat to medium,
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan,
Put 2 tablespoons of fritter mix into pan and flatten with back of spoon,
Cook fritters 2 minutes each side until golden,
Heat pan until boiling, then lower heat to simmer. Stir water with spoon to make a whirlpool,
Crack eggs into the water to cook for 3 minutes, repeat for 4 eggs total.
To serve, divide fritters between 2 plates, top with poached eggs and spinach.