What you need(serves 2)
- 1 Onion, diced2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil½ Red Capsicum, diced
- 1 can crushed Tomatoes1 cup Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup White Wine300g Seafood Marinara mix
- 6 Mussels in shell6 Raw Prawns
- ¼ cup Parmesan, shaved½ cup Parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 slices bread (optional)Fry pan
- wooden spoongarlic press
- measuring cupchopping board
- knifetoaster (for bread)
What to do
Heat large, saucepan over medium heat.
Add the 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook the 1 diced onion until soft.
Add the 2 cloves crushed garlic, cook one minute longer.
Add ½ diced red capsicum, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Pour in ¼ cup white wine, cook off the alcohol for one minute, then add:
- 1 cup chicken stock and
- Can of crushed tomato.
Bring to the boil.
Add 300g seafood marinara mix and 6 prawns.
Cover and lower heat to simmer 10 mins.
Add 6 raw mussels in their shells,
- Place lid on, simmer for 3 mins or until mussel shells open.
- *note: discard any mussels whose shells fail to open*
Divide seafood stew between 2 large bowls. Top with ½ cup parsley and ¼ cup parmesan.
(optional) Serve with some bread drizzled in olive oil.